Are you in the Christmas mood already? We just bought our Christmas tree and I took out the last year decorations (hand made and hand sewn of course! And this year I decided to continue making my own decorations. I am definitely not buying plastic decorations from the shops, maybe a few crafty additions to my Christmas Décor form local suppliers.
As I have hand painted glass bulbs and hand sewn decorations, I had to go with something different. This year I decided to do a bit of baking and add edible decorations. Ginger bread cookies. I did that a few years ago, but this time I used a different recipe.
And here are the results!
What crafty decorations are you adding to your Christmas décor?
If you are looking for ideas – check out this post from previous years – maybe you will find something inspiring there.
Ginger Bread Cookies recipe
The recipe is from Sally’s Baking addiction Blog – you will find there detailed, step by step instructions for these Gingerbread creations, and here I just give you an idea of what you need to create them.
- 10 Tablespoons (2/3 cup; 145g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (200g) unsulphured molasses
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/2 cups (437g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger (yes, 1 full Tablespoon!)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- optional: easy cookie icing or royal icing